Ms. Amanda Carosi - 6th/7th Grade
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
This month, we will be taking our second round of MAP testing. Please encourage your scholar to eat a healthy breakfast and get a good night's sleep!
-Photo release forms need to be signed and returned!
-Please be mindful of the school's dress code. A copy of the code was sent home in the scholar's communication folder.
-Be sure you are checking MSP and following along with your scholar's process as the trimester progresses!
-Be sure that scholars are properly heading all homework and showing effort to receive full credit.
Jan. 2nd - Classes resume
Jan. 4th - 12pm dismissal
Jan. 7th -31st - MAP test window
Jan. 18th - no class for students, IMS professional development
Jan. 21st - Martin Luther King Holiday, no class
Jan. 24th - Candy sale begins
Jan. 27th - Catholic School Week begins
THIS WEEK'S HOMEWORK:
1. Reading Log
2. Write a few sentences about what it felt like to take the reading test this morning. Did you accept the challenge when things got hard? Did you see anything you recognized?
1. Finish Periodic Table of Elements!
1. Write 5 root sentences using three of our new root words and two old ones
1. Study! Lesson 6 Quiz tomorrow!
1. pg. 37 E.I.E. -- this may be a bit tricky. We have been working on this page in class and students were directed to take their Voyages texts home to assist
2. pg. 89 Mr. Yellow
3. 5 root sentences - remember! these are not direct translations, they should be used as a piece of another word (either adding a suffix or prefix)
1. pg. 91 Mr. Y
1. "Visual Summary" Lesson 2
1. Finish Lesson 5 Assessment
1. "Active Reading" Lesson 7
My name is Miss. C and I am the 6th grade teacher at St. Rose of Lima School. I graduated from Penn State University in 2013 (Go Lions)! It is my third year with Independence Mission and my second at St. Rose. I grew up a few miles away in Upper Darby and currently live in Phoenixville with my Fiance and cat, Sam. I love school (my favorite subjects are Math and Science)! I love photography, interior design, art, the environment, and going hiking. I try to share creativity with my students as much as possible. This year I am looking forward to creating a positive academic environment for our scholars!
Please reach out with any questions! firstname.lastname@example.org